Accessible Tenerife apartments for everyone
The team at Sunset Bay Club is committed to ensuring the safety and comfort of all of our guests, including those with mobility concerns or visual/hearing impairments.
This ongoing programme of commitment includes:
- Ensuring compliance with the current accessibility legislation.
- Making appropriate enhancements (where possible) to resorts and resort plans.
- Offering a wide range of accessibility aids.
- Improving internal awareness and training.
- Offering an appointed Accessibility Ambassador, to assist members, owners and guests with accessibility needs.
- Providing accurate information on the website, including information on access, available facilities and accessibility aids.
- Communicating with members via regular disability forums and surveys to identify areas for improvement.
- Producing compliant literature and communicating within the same guidelines.
Note: Please bear in mind that accessibility aids may vary from resort to resort.
If you have any questions or would like to make any comments, please get in touch.
Level. The street leading to the resort is flat, however Reception is located on an elevated level, which is accessed by a steep incline. There is a lift from the access road to Reception level. This area of the resort also has many steps and may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties or in a wheelchair.
Accessed by lift and the main doors are automatic.
Some are on Reception level and accessed by lift, others are at street level.
Both pools are accessible by lifts.
Area pool hoist and ramps with handrails to pool.
Disabled parking bay available through reception.
Fully Wheelchair Accessible Accommodation
All areas within the accommodation and exterior are accessible to a wheelchair user or a guest with a severe reduced mobility. They have electric beds, accessible bathrooms, special high backed chairs and kitchen unit and work surfaces are lowered or can be pulled out for ease of access for wheelchair users. We offer 6 accommodations in total: 1 studio accommodation, 4 one-bedroom accommodations and 1 two-bedroom accommodation
Partially Wheelchair Accessible Accommodation
Suitable for travellers with restricted walking ability who may need a wheelchair. Some areas within the accommodation and exterior are accessible. They have electric beds, accessible bathrooms and special high backed chairs (kitchen units and work surfaces are standard height). We offer 2 accommodations in total: 1 studio accommodation and 1 one-bedroom.
There are 11 blocks on the resort and some have up to six floors. No lifts are available in these 11 blocks.
Equipment Available (Upon Request)
Please read our Accessibility Aid Catalogue (available in English and Spanish) with a wide range of complimentary items available to lend to members, owners and guests for your comfort during your stay (subject to availability).
Measurements for Equipment Available Upon Request
Pool hoist: 120 kg maximum weight
Wheelchair: 40 cm wide (seat); maximum weight 120 kg
Wet wheelchair: 44 cm wide (seat), and 53 cm high (seat); maximum weight 120 kg
Shower stool: 40cm wide (seat); 120 kg maximum weight
Accessible Outings and Excursions
Excursions and airport transfers for people with mobility impairments.
A list of suitable excursions for people with reduced mobility is available in reception. For a wider choice of outings, excursions and the confirmation of places on request, please contact reception.
Proximity/Accessibility to Local Supermarkets/Shops/Beach:
There is a steep ramp leading to the beach but once you are at the beach the walkway is flat.
Accessible Beaches Around the Resort
- Playa Las Vistas - Los Cristianos
- Playa Fañabe (700 metres) and Troya in Las Américas (2 kilometres)
Accessible Supermarkets Around the Resort
- San Eugenio Commercial Centre & Supermarket 1 km away
- Gran Sur Commercial Centre & Supermarket 1 km away
- Siam Mall Commercial Centre & Supermarket 2,7 km away
Bus stop (most of the buses are not accessible). Taxi stop in front of resort; accessible taxis available on request.
Haemodialysis Clinic Close to Resort
Hospiten Sur., 10 minutes by car from resort (no dialysis peritoneal)
Address: C/Arquitecto Gomez Cuesta, Playa de las Américas. 38660 Arona
Telephone: +34 922 750032
Fax: +34 922 793618
Emergencies: +34 900 200143
Meet the Resort Accessibility Ambassador
Our Resort Accessibility Ambassadors will assist you with any accessibility requirements prior to and during your stay to ensure it is trouble free.