Sunset Harbour Club by Diamond Resorts is dedicated to providing a safe, comfortable stay to our guests, including those with mobility concerns or visual/hearing impairments.
This ongoing programme of commitment includes:
- Ensuring compliance with the current accessibility legislation.
- Making appropriate enhancements (where possible) to resorts and resort plans.
- Offering a wide range of accessibility aids.
- Improving internal awareness and training.
- Offering an appointed Accessibility Ambassador in each Resort, to assist members, owners and guests with accessibility needs.
- Providing accurate information on the website, including information on access, available facilities and accessibility aids.
- Communicating with members via regular disability forums and surveys to identify areas for improvement.
- Producing compliant literature and communicating within the same guidelines.
*Note: Please bear in mind that accessibility aids may vary from resort to resort.
If you have any questions or would like to make any comments, please get in touch.
The street where the resort is situated is flat, however some of the pavements are uneven and in need of repair. Once you are at the beach, the walkway is flat.
Street level, easily accessible and accessed by ramp. The main doors open automatically.
Ground level access to one restaurant. One is accessible by a steep ramped access which should be negotiated with care.
Ground floor accessed by ramp apart from French Boules and giant chess, which are accessed by stairs only.
Pool hoist in the upper pool. Bottom pool has ramped access without steps with handrail.
Sunset Harbour does not has its own car park though there is a public car park close by. There is one accessible parking bay available in front of the resort. Please note that there is a limited car parking in the vicinity of the resort.
Partially Wheelchair Accessible Accommodation
Suitable for travellers with restricted walking ability who may need a wheelchair. Some areas within the accommodation and exterior are accessible. They have electric beds, adapted bathroom and special high-backed chairs (kitchen units/work surfaces are standard height). We offer 3 accommodations in total: 3 one-bedroom accommodations.
Suitable for a person with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps, but who would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance. We offer 1 accommodation in total: 1 studio accommodation.
All blocks have lifts/elevators.
Equipment Available (Upon Request)
Please read our Accessibility Aid Catalogue (available in English and Spanish) with a wide range of complimentary items available to lend to members, owners and guests for your comfort during your stay (subject to availability).
Measurements for Equipment Available Upon Request
Pool hoists: Variable seat 100 cm wide and maximum 250 cm high; weight limit 120 kg
Wheelchair: 51 cm wide (seat), 42 cm deep (seat) and 50 cm high; weight limit 120 kg
Wet wheelchair: 48 cm wide (seat), 50 cm deep (seat) and 49 cm high (seat) weight limit 110 kg
Shower stool: 32 cm wide (seat), 32 cm deep (seat) and 50 cm high weight limit 100 kg
Accessible Outings and Excursions
Excursions and airport transfers.
A list of suitable excursions for people with reduced mobility is available in reception. For a wider choice of outings, excursions and the confirmation of places on request, please contact reception.
Proximity/Accessibility to Local Supermarkets/Shops/Beach
- Playa Las Vistas (Las Vistas Beach) - Los Cristianos (4.5 km)
- Playa Fañabé and Troya (Fañabé and Troya Beach) - Las Américas (300 m)
- San Eugenio - Commercial centre and supermarket (850 m)
Bus stop within short walking distance; not all buses are wheelchair accessible. Taxi stop nearby; wheelchair accessible taxis available upon request.
Haemodialysis Clinic Close to Resort
Hospiten Sur., 10 minutes by car from resort (no dialysis peritoneal)
Address: C/Arquitecto Gomez Cuesta, Playa de las Américas. 38660 Arona
Telephone: +34 922 750032
Fax: +34 922 793618
Emergencies: +34 900 200143
Meet the Resort Accessibility Ambassador
Our Resort Accessibility Ambassadors will assist you with any accessibility requirements prior to and during your stay to ensure it is trouble-free.